- 1 How Wesker joined the Tourney
- 2 How to Unlcok
- 3 Character Select Screen Animation
- 4 Special Attacks
- 5 Victory Animations
- 6 On-Screen Appearance
- 7 Trivia
How Wesker joined the Tourney
Anyone who knows him will tell you that Wesker's true loyalty is power and how to gain more of it. A former Umbrella employee, he made many breakthroughs alongside his colleague William Birkin such as the G-virus and the Nemesis Parasite. He was eventually ordered by Umbrella to lure the S.T.A.R.S. team into the Spencer Estate, in order to test the newly created B.O.W.s that roamed the mansion. When Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine discovered his true motives, Wesker injects himself with a specially engineered virus and has the Tyrant attack him, which seemingly kills him.
It was later revealed that Wesker survived and made it out of the mansion shortly before it self-destructed. The virus he injected himself with gave him superhuman strength and speed, the only visible mutation on his body was his cat-like red eyes, which he hid behind dark sunglasses. Wesker left Umbrella shortly after and mostly stayed behind the scenes during the events of Raccoon City and its destruction. He began working for another secret organization against Umbrella. The organization's purpose was to cash in on some of Umbrella's research. His first mission was to Russia where he ran into his old friend Sergei Vladimir, an old Umbrella employee himself. Wesker was later sent to Rockfort Island, where he came across Chris Redfield again. After facing off with him in an Umbrella facility in Antarctica, Wesker escapes once again.
How to Unlcok
In Tourney 1, the player must complete one of the following requirements to unlock Wesker:
- Play 37 matches in the Versus Mode.
- Using either Jill or Chris, finish Classic Mode.
For both of these options, the player must brawl Wesker on the Tricell Laboratory stage. After defeating Wesker, the announcer will say "Someone else has joined the Tourney!" after a Smash Ball appears on the lower-right corner of the screen with a message saying "You can now use Albert Wesker, a former member of S.T.A.R.S.".
Character Select Screen Animation
Wesker teleports close to the camera and says "You don't stand a chance!".
Death Stare (Neutral)
A chargeable move, holding "B" will cause Wesker to strike a pose- he looks ready for something. a strange yellow steam will begin to radiate from his body suddenly a yellow flash and the steam turns orange, after a time a orange flash erupts, the steam is now red after even more time a red flash erupts and Wesker's eyes glow a bright red even through the sunglasses. these three flashes indicate the level of Death Stare's charge level, if "B" is tapped Wesker will unleash a short ranged burst of yellow energy, this burst of energy grows larger covering a wider area and deals more DMG the longer Death Stare is charged with the red flash signifying maximum charge. Wesker cannot store this charge and once "B" is released, Wesker will unleash the charge for Death Stare.
Cobra Strike (Side)
Wesker will shoot forward vanishing from sight if he comes into contact with a foe, he will suddenly reappear and thrust the palm of his hand into his opponent dealing DMG and great knock back sending foes flying. if Wesker doesn't collide with a foe he will appear after a certain distance and slid eto a stop- Wesker will always stop at a platforms edge if used on the ground.
Phantom Move (Up)
Wesker with supreme speed invisibly teleports forward, or upward diagonally. In midair, he can warp forward, upward, or straight down, and can do it three times in one jump.
Seeker Deployment (Down)
Wesker deploys a "Seeker" this self-propelled surveillance device will move about the platform Wesker deploys it onto after a few moments it will stop and project a beam of light that scans an area, if a player doesn't move through the beam, the seeker will stop emitting the beam and move to a new location on the platform before stopping again to project a new beam- this will continue up to 4 times before the seeker malfunctions and explodes. the explosion is small and deals little DMG. should a player move through the project beam of the Seeker, it's beam will narrow, zeroing in on the player turning from white to red. after a few moments a shrill screech will sound out as a Hunter II will appear somewhere on the stage, this Hunter II has been alerted by the Seeker and is now in pursuit of the player who crossed the Seekers beam- the Hunter II works as an assist trophy would in a sense that it will attack the player for a short time before leaving the stage, though these Hunters cannot be attacked and move around in the BG of the stage, they can be dodged as it will screech before performing its jumping slash, these attacks can deal DMG to other players if they get in the Hunter II's way. after a short amount of time the Hunter II will run off and vanish from the stage and the Seeker will explode as it would if it had caught nothing. Wesker may only deploy one Seeker at a time. attempts to deploy a second will result in Wesker turning up empty handed leaving him vulnerable to attack.
Uroboros (Final Smash)
Wesker stabs forward with a mysterious syringe in hand. this Final Smash has a small hit range, but if Wesker hits a foe, that foe will convulse in pain as the Uroboros Virus takes over their body transforming them into a tentacle riddled creature. At this point, the Uroboros infected player will automatically move about the stage. As the creature roams the stage that player will rack up DMG but will also attack other players in it's range with its wildly flailing tentacles. Players can hold a direction on the control stick to guide the creature but the less likely the creature will be to get foes, the more resistant the creature will be to moving in that direction whereas if the creature is guided in a direction of more victims it will be more responsive. Wesker will be immune to the creature's attacks, effectively dodging blows in the blink of an eye. When the FS time is up, Wesker will leap into the air as a missile is launched at him- Grabbing it with one arm Wesker says: "Your struggle is over!" forcing it at the Uroboros creature the missile explode son contact creating a large explosion that deals DMG to anyone in the blast radius and even more to the Uroboros creature- this explosion effectively destroys all of the Uroboros that had manifested over the foe and send them flying. Wesker lands and adjusts his sunglasses before re-entering fighter stance
- Wesker turns his back and raises his right arm before swiping it saying "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a world to saturated.".
- Wesker turns his back and raises his right arm before swiping it saying "I will not be held back by such insects.". (Chris victories only)
- Wesker turns his back and raises his right arm befoe swiping it saying "I expected better from you.". (Jill victories only)
- Wesker dashes then does his Cobra Strike and says "Everything is going to plan. I will be a god.".
- Wesker dashes then does his Cobra Strike and says "You are a pale imitation of what the Tyrants can do. I shall have you disintegrated.". (Nemesis T-Type victories only)
- Wesker bites on an Uroboros worm while saying "This is the end of humanity and the start of a new order!".
Wesker jumps down then gets up with "This world will soon be mine.".
- Three against three. (If the match is a three-on-three Team Battle in the Versus Mode)
- It's time...to close the book on us. (When fighting Chris)
- Let's see how good you really are. (When fighting Jill)
- I am the only god. (When fighting any god character or any demon character)
- Looks like I found a new guniea pig... Interesting... (When fighting Fox or Anna)
- Yes... They give unimaginable speed, power and a gift for humanity. (When fighting Olivia)
- Wesker shares his English voice actor with Tekken's Raven.
- Wesker shares his Japanese voice actor with Mamoswine, Kenshin, Ieyasu, and Algol.
- In Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, Wesker didn't have to be unlocked. In Super Smash Bros. Tourney, he must be unlocked. In Tourney 2, he returns to being a starter just like he was in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. His former unlockable character status in Tourney 2 is given to Excella Gione.
- Albert Wesker's rival is the one and only Shijima.