- This article is about the classic Spyro. For the Legend of Spyro character of the same name, see Spyro (The Legend of Spyro). For the Skylanders character of the same name, see Spyro (Skylanders).
How Spyro joined the Tourney
Spyro discovered that the Dragon Realms were being plunged into darkness, this time by an evil Dragon Elder from long ago named Red. Spyro and Sparx teamed up with Hunter, Sgt. Byrd, Alisa, Xiaoyu, and Blink the Mole in order to take down Red, and his unholy alliance of Gnorcs, along with Gnasty Gnorc and Ineptune. The five heroes battled their way through new homeworlds, and eventually defeated Red. However, Red escaped to his labratory, and built a robot army by turning Gnorcs into robots with the unwilling help of the Professor.
Breath Attack (Neutral)
Spyro breathes fire.
Horn Charge (Side)
Spyro charges forward with his horns facing the opponents.
Spyro jumps into the air, goes into a loop and glides forward, in a similar manner to Meta Knight's Shuttle Loop.
Wing Shield (Down)
Spyro covers his body with his wings, deflecting any projectiles.
Horn Dive (Hyper Smash)
Spyro dives forward with his horns facing his opponents. This Hyper Smash does massive damage.
Army of Dragonflies (Final Smash)
Spyro sends a barrage of dragonflies at his opponent.
- Spyro shoots a fireball from his mouth, says "OK, see, now you're just over-reacting!", and flies away.
- Spyro chases his tail while saying "HUH?! Actually, I defeated you.".
- Spyro dances around in a circle saying "Ha ha! Very funny!".
- Spyro was the very first Spyro character to be confirmed for Super Smash Bros. Tourney as a playable character.
- Spyro shares his English voice actor with Hunter, Sgt. Byrd, and Evil Red.
- In Tourney 2, this Spyro is NOT replaced with his Skylanders counterpart or his Legend of Spyro counterpart.
- Spyro's Super Smash Bros. Tourney rival is Deadpool. Spyro's Super Smash Bros. Tourney 2 rival is Gundam Maxter. Likewise, a Tyrannosaurus Rex is his second rival.