How Natsu joined the Tourney
Natsu was a member of the demon-fighting Fu-Ma clan. She grew up under the harsh glares of her fellow ninja, who feared the great demon Arahabaki that was sealed within her. Some even made attempts on her life. Thankfully, another ninja, Sheik, protected and supported her. The young ninja came to love and respect her mentor; though she often disregarded the clan's rules, Natsu always obeyed Taki. But now it had been several months since Sheik left on a mission to the western continent, and Natsu was growing uneasy.
Needle Strike (Neutral)
Natsu will say "Obliterate!!" and throw a slim, almost-invisible needle to attack. They can either travel straight or at an angle (roughly 45 degrees towards the ground), depending on whether Natsu is in the air or not. The special button can be held to add up to 5 more needles, and the needles can be saved for a short time later by pressing the shield button or grab button.
Fireball Shot (Side)
Natsu says "Oh yeah." and throws a fireball.
Natsu vanishes into thin air. Using the Analog Stick, players can determine where Natsu will reappear by tilting in a certain direction.
Natsu says "That's a WRAP." and throws a bomb.
Great Curse of Arahabaki (Hyper Smash)
Based on her Soul Calibur V Critical Edge, Natsu will hold her kodachi in the air and exclaim "Let's get serious...ARAHABAKI!". She will then stick her kodachi into the ground as she summons the Great Demon, sending six wild blasts through the stage and the opponent high into the upper Blast Line.
Blades of Vanquishment (Final Smash)
Based on Taki's Soul Calibur IV Critical Finish, Natsu says "GET LOST!", kicks her foe, and then performs a magical ninja spell in order to triple herself into three. Afterwards, they all slash through the target, say "Demons...", jump into the air, and become one again. Finally, Natsu blasts the helpless opponent into the upper Blast Line with one fatal strike and tells them to "BEGONE!"
- Natsu says "That wasn't bad. Not great, but hey!" while raising her hands in the air.
- Natsu says "Go be cute, I'll do all the fighting, OK?" while raising her hands in the air. (Leixia/Reshiram/Zekrom/Ghost Rider/Rocket Raccoon victories only)
- Natsu cartwheels right then crosses her arms, saying "That didn't suck!".
- Natsu does a ninja pose saying "Boo-hoo! Stop your pouting already!".
- Natsu does a ninja pose saying "How come it feels like I'm the loser?". (Sheik/Alisa/Wario victories only)
- Super Smash Bros. Tourney and its sequel are the first two games where Natsu and Taki appear together.
- Natsu shares her English voice actress with Frankie Stein and Sakura Haruno.
- Natsu's rival is Sheik, the former alter-ego of Zelda. Her second rival is Shunsaku Ban.