How Man-Bat joined the Tourney
Dr. Kirk Langstrom, a scientist specializing in the study of bats, develops an extract intended to give humans the bat's sonar sense and tests the formula on himself because he was becoming deaf. While it works, it has a horrible side effect: it transforms him gradually into a hideous humanoid bat-like monster.
How to Unlcok
The player must complete one of the following requirements to unlock Man-Bat:
- Play 810 matches in the Versus Mode.
- Play Versus Mode for a combined total of 5 hours.
For both of these options, the player must brawl Man-Bat on the Arkham Asylum stage. After defeating Man-Bat, the announcer will say "Someone else has joined the Tourney!" after a Smash Ball appears on the lower-right corner of the screen with a message saying "You can now use Man-Bat, mutated bat form of Dr. Kirk Langstrom.".
Character Select Screen Animation
Man-Bat flies to the camera then does a slash saying "Agile as the bat indeed!".
Bat Screech (Neutral)
Man-Bat gives a loud scream that induces soundwaves. If the opponent is hit by the screeching soundwaves, he/she cowers in fear and is damaged.
Batwing Suplex (Side)
Man-Bat reaches his hands to grab his opponent. If he connects, Man-Bat goes behind the opponent then jumps with the prey with wings flapping then slams his opponent into the ground with a German Suplex.
Man-Bat temporarily flies for 7 seconds.
Man-Bat leaps forward doing two kicks then an x-shaped swing of his arms, whacking his opponent away.
Bat Scream (Hyper Smash)
Man-Bat leans his head back then gives a loud scream outwards. This blows opponents in range away like Jigglypuff's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Final Smash.
Vampiric Smash (Final Smash)
Man-Bat flies forward saying "Let's fly to hell!". If he touches an opponent, he bites the opponent's throat, then does a body slam, then bites the opponent's brain, then flies up with the opponent and scratches the face of the opponent before Izuna dropping the opponent.
- Man-Bat screeches then changes back to Langstrom who looks around saying "What have I done?".
- Man-Bat flaps his wings then does a punch with "You never had a chance!".
- Man Bat flaps his wings then does a punch with "I'm the top bat of Gotham now!". (Batman victories only)
- Man-Bat screeches enough to ring the loser's ears as he says "You're gone from here!".
- Man-Bat puts his hands on his hips and says "It has been a pleasant night.".
Dr. Langstrom mutates into Man-Bat then says "Catch me if you can!".
- Bats against robots! (When fighting any Mobile Suit Gundam universe character)