- 1 How Cobra Commander joined the Tourney
- 2 Character Select Screen Animation
- 3 Special Moves
- 4 Victory Animations
- 5 On-Screen Appearance
- 6 Trivia
How Cobra Commander joined the Tourney
Cobra Commander is a fanatical leader who rules with an iron fist and demands total loyalty or allegiance. His objective is total control of the world's governments, people, wealth, and resources, brought about by revolution and chaos. He's believed to have personally led uprisings in the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and other trouble spots, while being held responsible for kidnapping scientists, businessmen, and military leaders, forcing them to reveal their top level secrets.
Over the years, Cobra Commander has suffered assassination attempts, and even an imposter posing as him for a time. However, he always manages to find a way out of every situation, having become a constant foil for the G.I. Joe Team, who have ended up fighting Cobra almost exclusively. No matter how dire or unscathed, Cobra Commander's hatred and drive have only grown ruthless and more focused.
Dangerously destabilized, Cobra Commander's persona runs the gamut from friendly charismatic, to terrifyingly sociopathic. His charm can twist intentions and morals, so that his rhetoric actually reads as plausible and relatable to his minions. Psychoanalysts who have studied his case files, have described him as an ingenious hustler with visions of grandeur, which makes him all the more dangerous. Most dictators are hampered by pretending to pursue a noble cause, but Cobra Commander does not have that problem. He hopes to fray the fabric of society, using terrorism, tyranny, and economic slavery, to uproot the existing power structures around the world.
Character Select Screen Animation
Cobra Commander has his armed crossed.
After the announcer calls his name
Cobra Commander pulls out a laser pistol as the camera zooms and shouts "COBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
Laser Pistol (Neutral)
Cobra Commander fires a laser pistol at his opponent. B can be tapped for more shots.
Cavalry Cobra (Side)
Cobra Commander uses his long sword to thrust forward nine times, then does an upward slash.
Diamondback Bite (Up)
Cobra Commander jumps into the air doing a six hit upppercut.
Sidewinder Drone (Down)
Cobra Commander sends a robotic sidewinder snake out. If it hits the opponent, it blows up.
Photon Disintegrator (Hyper Smash)
Cobra Commander radios in and has a photo disintegrator missile fired on the stage. If it hits within 10 seconds and Cobra Commander is not KO'ed in time, the missile will leave nothing of the opponent, but memories and a life from the stock lost.
Explosive Crystal Finale (Final Smash)
Cobra Commander scatters explosive crystal around the arena, then fires on them, causing multiple explosions and heavy damage.
- Cobra Commander crosses his arms and says "If I were you, I'd watch that attitude!"
- Cobra Commander swings his hands as if giving a speech saying "As for a rescue, they first have to notice that you are GONE!"
- Cobra Commander jabs and shoots his pistol saying "Soon, all of the world will bow to Cobra!"
Cobra Commander jumps out of a Cobra Rattler jet and says "Just think; Your backyard might look like THAT tomorrow."
- Cobra Commander's rival is Raymond Brice, a member of the Crisis Management Division of Blue Ridge City. His mid-game opponent is Phoebe, the Ghost-Type Hoenn Elite Four member.
- Cobra Commander's on-screen appearance originates from the episode Flint's Vacation. His first victory quote comes from the Worlds Without End two-parter and his second victory quote comes from the Synthoid Conspiracy two-parter.
- Cobra Commander's Hyper Smash the Photon Disintegrator originated from Red Rocket's Glare, while his explosive crystals were first found in the Captives of Cobra two-parter.