- 1 How Amy joined the Tourney
- 2 How to Unlock
- 3 Character Select Animation
- 4 Special Attacks
- 5 Bonus costumes
- 6 Victory Animations
- 7 On-Screen Appearance
- 8 Trivia
How Amy joined the Tourney
Amy Rose, also formerly known as Rosy the Rascal, is a fictional, anthropomorphic pink hedgehog from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. She has a major long-standing crush on Sonic the Hedgehog, and has been trying to win his heart by any means since meeting him. Such methods included impressing him by fighting robots, and threatening to leave him locked in prison on Prison Island. Introduced in the game franchise in 1993, Amy was the first — and most recurring — female character in the Sonic the Hedgehog series and is also one of the most popular characters, coming in fifth place on an official popularity poll, being the most popular female character.
She was described to be eight years old in Sonic CD, but from Sonic Adventure onward she has grown by four years. With the addition of Cream the Rabbit, Amy seems to have found herself a sidekick similar to how Tails is to Sonic (as implied in Sonic Battle, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Advance 3, and Shadow the Hedgehog).
How to Unlock
- Win matches with 10 different female characters
- Play 53 matches
For both methods, you must fight Amy Rose at Twinkle Park. After defeating Amy, the announcer will say "Someone else has joined the Tourney!" after a Smash Ball appears on the lower-right corner of the screen with a message saying "You can now use Sonic's self-proclaimed girlfriend, Amy Rose!" She will be seen right of Lexine, left of the Nameless Shura, above Kojuro and below Huang Zhong.
Character Select Animation
Holds her Piko Piko Hammer in a similar fashion to Berserker's Soul Calibur II idle pose.
After the announcer calls her name
Amy swings her Piko Piko Hammer then blows a kiss at the zooming camera saying "Not gonna hold back!".
Pink Typhoon (Neutral)
Amy will take out her Piko Piko Hammer and hold it to her body and perform a spin on the tips of her toes and as she completes the spin, swing the Piko Piko Hammer creating a Pink Typhoon that swirls forward made up of pink winds and pink hearts that deal racking DMG and push foes away. foes can also be struck by the Piko Piko Hammer when Amy swings it dealing DMG and bigger knock back than the Pink Typhoon. This Special Move has a slow start up leaving Amy vulnerable however. The Pink Typhoon whirlwind also passes through foes and will eventually dissipate.
Vaulting Hammer (Side)
Amy will slam the Piko Piko Hammer down leaving a trail of pink hearts in its wake. The force of the Piko Piko Hammer striking an object, foe or platform will catapult Amy into the air. if Amy connects with a foe she will leap onto their heads and hop off of them dealing DMG and a meteor effect to foes. Vaulting Hammer will propel Amy forward in an arc.
Propeller Hammer (Up)
Amy will extend her Piko Piko Hammer and twirl in place with it held out, generating an updraft of wind and will generate Pink Hearts that swirl around her allowing her to spin into the air. the Propeller Hammer will allow Amy to move using the directional stick in any direction for the duration of the move. Propeller Hammer will deal racking DMG to foes before the final swing of the Piko Piko Hammer sends them flying. Amy will become Dizzy after this move is executed.
Maiden's Gift (Down)
Amy will drop a Gift- and by "gift" I mean a bunch of explosives wrapped up quite nicely. the Maiden's Gift works in one of two ways, either on contact or after a set amount of time has gone by the gift will explode dealing DMG and knock back to foes. if players tap "Down" + "B", Maiden's Gift will become time sensitive, exploding after a few seconds. If Players hold "Down" + "B" until the gift is on screen, it will become motion sensitive, meaning it will have to be touched before detonating. Amy can only use two Maiden's Gifts at a time, trying to generate a third gift will cause the "oldest" gift to detonate. Time Sensitive gifts can be picked up and thrown causing them to detonate on contact.
Team Rose (Final Smash)
Amy summons her friends, Cream and Big which then does a powerful all-out attack that ends with Amy smashing the opponents with her hammer.
Sonic Riders Amy
Amy's first bonus costume is her outfit in Sonic Riders. To unlock, complete classic with Amy.
Olympic Bathing Suit Amy
Amy's second bonus costume is her bathing suit from the London 2012 Olympics. To unlock, complete 100 Multi Man Brawl with Amy.
Regular Victory Pose
- Amy does her Sonic Adventure select pose saying "See? I can do it!".
- Amy does her Sonic Adventure select pose saying "Now will you go on a date with me?" (Sonic victories only)
- Amy waves her hands happily for the camera as she says "I'm cute and full of energy!".
- Amy waves her hands happily for the camera as she says "Let's play again sometime!". (Katsuie victories only)
- Amy turns her back and looks at the camera with a smile saying "That's right, I'm the best!".
Hidden Victory Pose
Amy throws off her clothes, and poses with her Piko Piko Hammer saying "Now do you see how tough, and cute a little hedgehog girl can me?!".
Amy jumps down and readies her Piko Piko Hammer saying "May the best player win!".
- I want Sonic to marry me! (When fighting Giratina)
- Don't leave us now! We'll get you to a hospital! (When fighting Shin)
- I fear that Eggman got to her, and is gonna reprogram her! (When fighting Xiaoyu)
- I never leave home without the Piko Piko Hammer when with my friends, and I want Sonic for his coolness, and I need him to be my hubby. (When fighting Mamoswine)
- Hey! I'm not Milli! (When fighting Sonya)
- Hey, my name's not Milli, but what're you worried about? (When fighting Casey)
- Amy Rose is the first Tourney 2 character to have a hidden victory pose.
- Although she isn't present at all in Tourney 1, she is mentioned by Jagi when he fights Captain Tina saying "Your hammer-wielding hedgehog friend's gone into a cave, fighting bears!" In Tourney 2, he continues to mention her when fighting Captain Tina, even if Amy Rose hasn't been unlocked yet.
- The first character from the Tekken universe to get a special non-original quote to be said to Amy Rose is Shin Kamiya; in this case, "I had to! I was running out of time, but now I can die a human..." is what Shin says.
- Initially, Amy Rose was going to say "I want Sonic to marry me!" to Jin Kazama when he asks her what she's after, but due to changes in Jin's on-screen appearance quotes in the development of Tourney 2. Her former quote to Jin is now being said to Giratina; thus making Amy Rose the first Tourney 2 newcomer to have a wish quote to be said to Giratina.
- The rival of Amy Rose is Beast a.k.a., Dr. Henry McCoy. Her second rival is Katsuie Shibata, the Devil Shibata of the Oda Clan.